Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

27 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I've done some testing now to see exactly what's happening, and this is part a bug in the game and part mis-configuration.

The game maxes out at 105 no matter what you set in the config file and what is displayed in-game. So when you enter 106.990274 the calculations will be wrong since the actual FOV in the game is still 105. USA On will calculate the sensitivity based on what is actually applied in the game (i.e. 105), however USA Off will use the configured FOV (i.e. 106.990274) regardless of whether it is valid or not.

So in short, you need to use 105 as the game doesn't support any higher :)

DICE no 1x scopes :[ so have to run super high fov to get near fov i like. (edit: i could of swore the higher FOV use to work in the past, i just tested and yeah it maxes out at 105 fov, maybe they patched it)

Edited by philheath

Hey Mr @DPI Wizard !  If i were trying to figure out my scoped in/360 for a particular zoom, how might i calculate that?  Basically, trying to shove a sense/dpi combo that hits exactly what i was using in BF4 - GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityCloseRange - with ADS set to 360 distance, is this as simple as a percentage i can accurately multiply my current hipfire in/360 against?  Then i could take the new sense/dpi and move it here perfectly

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, sinshiva said:

Hey Mr @DPI Wizard !  If i were trying to figure out my scoped in/360 for a particular zoom, how might i calculate that?  Basically, trying to shove a sense/dpi combo that hits exactly what i was using in BF4 - GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityCloseRange - with ADS set to 360 distance, is this as simple as a percentage i can accurately multiply my current hipfire in/360 against?  Then i could take the new sense/dpi and move it here perfectly

The best way would be to convert directly from your BF4 aim to your BF2042 aim using 360 distance, like in this example (with just example values):

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=899c16566bbd92301f725fd8400eb4c2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how much decimal points the game will actually accept?

Regarding the calculator

On 4/27/2022 at 9:31 PM, DPI Wizard said:

The best way would be to convert directly from your BF4 aim to your BF2042 aim using 360 distance, like in this example (with just example values):

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=899c16566bbd92301f725fd8400eb4c2

is there a technical limitation as to why this particular 3x scope setting can't reach 30cm/360?

the multiplier 2 is not maxed out yet

also not sure if bug or not, sometimes using 0 (zero) value in sens/multiplier in 2042 vehicles results in the calculator not accepting any new values (in that particular input box)

https://i.imgur.com/jye0gFO.jpeg

Edited by STR8_AN94BALLER
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

also not sure if bug or not, sometimes using 0 (zero) value in sens/multiplier in 2042 vehicles results in the calculator not accepting any new values (in that particular input box)

This seems like a bug with negative numbers and ADS/scopes. I'll look into it!

On 6/18/2022 at 9:22 PM, DPI Wizard said:

This seems like a bug with negative numbers and ADS/scopes. I'll look into it!

ah ok, I'll wait for the update

do you happen to know how many decimal points in the config file does the game accept?

there's also these few lines in the config file that isn't included in the calculator, any idea if it can be implemented?

image.jpeg

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

do you happen to know how many decimal points in the config file does the game accept?

Not sure, I need to test.

2 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

there's also these few lines in the config file that isn't included in the calculator, any idea if it can be implemented?

image.jpeg

Some of them are not in use, others (like heli pilot) are not possible to add due to how the controls work.

• Wizard
On 6/18/2022 at 7:28 PM, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

is there a technical limitation as to why this particular 3x scope setting can't reach 30cm/360?

This is a technical limitation. The sum of GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll and GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity1x25 maxes out at 3, so in your specific case it's 2*1.690260=3.38052. The calculator will account for this in the distance calculation, but not in the sensitivity calculation (because it causes a lot of issues). So the distance is actually correct, and as close as you can get to your target, but the calculator doesn't show you any warning that it's out of range.

1 hour ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

The game just removes any decimals past the sixth, so six is the answer :D

19 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

This is a technical limitation. The sum of GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll and GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity1x25 maxes out at 3, so in your specific case it's 2*1.690260=3.38052. The calculator will account for this in the distance calculation, but not in the sensitivity calculation (because it causes a lot of issues). So the distance is actually correct, and as close as you can get to your target, but the calculator doesn't show you any warning that it's out of range.

The game just removes any decimals past the sixth, so six is the answer :D

ok thanks for the info

to revise the sensitivity setting I changed the target to 40cm/360 for the 3/3.5x scopes

then the calculator result in this value

GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity3x00 1.267695
GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity3x50 1.453275

is it correct that these scopes now do 40cm/360?

Edited by STR8_AN94BALLER
  • Wizard
10 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

to revise the sensitivity setting I changed the target to 40cm/360 for the 3/3.5x scopes

then the calculator result in this value

GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity3x00 1.267695
GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivity3x50 1.453275

is it correct that these scopes now do 40cm/360?

If the calculator says 40 cm, then yes :)

• 1 month later...

There is a line in the new patch notes today that is interesting:  "A number of scopes have been updated to ensure a larger playable area is visible when Aiming Down Sights"

I wonder if this might be referencing scope FOV/magnification values.  If I recall, many of the scopes don't actually apply the stated magnification as they do in previous BF titles.  Instead they apply random/arbitrary values where the magnification is typically greater than the stated magnification.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, Col_Little_J275 said:

There is a line in the new patch notes today that is interesting:  "A number of scopes have been updated to ensure a larger playable area is visible when Aiming Down Sights"

I wonder if this might be referencing scope FOV/magnification values.  If I recall, many of the scopes don't actually apply the stated magnification as they do in previous BF titles.  Instead they apply random/arbitrary values where the magnification is typically greater than the stated magnification.

I haven't test yet, but I think this is simply how much of the screen the scope graphics take when zooming in.

4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I haven't test yet, but I think this is simply how much of the screen the scope graphics take when zooming in.

Ah!  Was really hoping they'd fix those values.  I have custom values for all my scopes on BFV/1 and trying to mirror them on 2042 has been...well, you can imagine.

I think patch will be live tomorrow.

• Wizard
6 hours ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

There's a bug where controller sensitivity values will affect mouse settings

It's the same global settings. A bit counter-intuitive, but when you change it under controller setting you also change the setting under mouse & keyboard.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, DPI Wizard said:

It's the same global settings. A bit counter-intuitive, but when you change it under controller setting you also change the setting under mouse & keyboard.

so as long as I don't touch any controller-related setting and purely edit the config file, the calculator should be correct?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

so as long as I don't touch any controller-related setting and purely edit the config file, the calculator should be correct?

Correct. Any interfering controller changes will be directly applied to the mouse settings and vice-versa, so you when you set all your mouse settings it will overwrite any potential controller setting that interfere.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:14 AM, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

There's a bug where controller sensitivity values will affect mouse settings

https://teddit.net/r/battlefield2042/comments/wel4n7

reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/wel4n7

This is really nothing new. The "soldier zoom sensitivity" multiplier has always been a global camera function scaler and not actually related to any input device since BF4 when it was introduced - i.e so also in BF1 / V.  If you go in those game's options menu, you will see this option affects all input devices and this is fine since no one is using both controller and mouse simultaneously for infantry gameplay. Creating a separate function for something that could not be used at the same time as another input device anyway and fundamentally does the same thing is what people seem to be requesting here, but this would be extremely bad programming practice.

2042 has a poor UI in many ways, but putting options in multiple places where relevant is actually good UX design so the user does not have to menu hop to find all options relating to how their input feels. The ADS FOV option was also present in the controller menu for example, but it is clearly not a controller-only setting since it's a graphical FOV change and not related to input devices per se. What no one seems to be wondering is why a kb & m infantry player is in the controller menu changing the soldier zoom sensitivity in the first place, besides looking for problems that don't exist.

This is also the same UI approach taken by such games as Call of Duty ever since the excellent Beenox handled the ports. You can find "motion blur" in both graphics menu and accessibility menu but there's not two different motion blur functions, it's just shown in two different places where it is relevant for convenience. To be honest, I am absolutely astonished this confuses people, but there you go.

The reason 2042 feels bad is due to the high and widely variable latency each frame which is a core render pipeline problem that will probably never get fixed. Since we interface with games through our input devices though, people will say there is "something wrong with the sensitivity / input", but that's like having a flat tyre and saying there is something wrong with the engine because the car won't go as fast - it doesn't actually help fix the root cause.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Wizard
6 hours ago, philheath said:

@DPI Wizard in the calculator when you select ALL you get  this, but when you select an individual sensitivity it doesn't show in the calculator, do you leave that on 1?

The vertical sensitivity is its own calculation:

image.png

Unless you are using a different vertical sensitivity, leave it at 1 yes 👍

• 2 months later...

Hi @DPI Wizard what should I be setting the coefficient to, to get my zoom sens feeling like Siege (ADS fov aside) - I assume zero but I'm not sure which settings correspond for each game?

Also I've seen someone set their coefficient at zero but then all their zoom sensitivities set to 1. I assume they have tailored their fov and/or sens so they can just leave them all at 1 and that I shouldn't be doing that and I should be inputting the value that the calc gives me?

Lastly, would the results for USA on be the same as USA off but with the different sens's for each scope - comparing below. There's a minute amount more discrepency. Are there any impactful downsides to either way?

image.png.d34fbd7c60fe504a53982a6616ffa9ff.png

image.png.170d7c6ff74ac33a7f1d051aaaeffeac.png

Edited by sc0zz