Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Battlefield 2042

• 1 month later...
  • Wizard
49 minutes ago, Maunikrip said:

What's the difference between 133% and 178% USA? In BF4 I played on 133%, but I've seen people talk about 178% in BFV (which I did not play).

Should I stay on 133% like in BF4 or switch to 178%?

The coefficient is the same across all the games, so if you used 133% in BF4 you should use 133 in BF2042 as well.

30 minutes ago, Valk1e said:

Will you also add vehicle sensitivities like in BF5 and BF1? Obviously no rush and thanks for all the work you've put in so fast already! :D

Yes 👍

• Wizard
Just now, RepsakXD said:

Are some of the values/numbers, descriptions still different from BF4/BF1/BF5??? If so I do not understand why they just didn't copy pasted, since it works just fine from previous titles!

The way USA on and off works is the same, but the scopes are different (a 6X in BF2042 is not the same as in BF1/BFV etc) and most importantly the hipfire sensitivity is also different, likely to better accommodate very high DPI with the sensitivity range in-game.

In other words, you can re-use your USA settings as long as you also had all the scopes set to the same value.

• Wizard
Just now, Kognog said:

Does this mean that BFV and BF2042 sensitivities are the same? Can i take my bfv sens over to bf2042 and it work the same?

No, the hipfire is completely different. You can likely keep your zoom sensitivity unless you have different settings for the each of the zoom levels.

2 hours ago, Valk1e said:

Will you also add vehicle sensitivities like in BF5 and BF1? Obviously no rush and thanks for all the work you've put in so fast already! :D

After playing around with it for a bit, it feels like you simply have to multiply your hipfire sens by 10 to get the same vehicle sens. This also puts your ingame vehicle sens to the same as your ingame hipfire sens, further backing my theory.

On a different note, does USA feel weird for anyone else?
I played on 133% in BF4 and loved it, but now it feels too fast, I have a lot of trouble tracking people. Turning USA off feels better (The calculator tells me USA off decreases my sens for low magnification sights compared to USA on, so that makes sense), although not perfect.

It might be due to the lower FOV for the sights compared to BF4, but on the other hand, USA should make that a non-issue in theory.

• Wizard
5 minutes ago, OrangeGuac said:

I've always run with USA off on all games but saw a recommendation to run with USA on and the coefficient set to 0 due to focal length scaling. Can anyone provide some pros/cons to doing this versus running with USA off.

USA off is the same as USA on set to 100 in-game (i.e. 1 in the config file), this means that the sensitivity scales directly with the vertical FOV.

So as an example if your FOV is 70 and a scope has an FOV of 35 it will have twice the 360 distance.

With USA set to 0 you will have the same tracking speed for all scopes, meaning you have to move your mouse at the same rate when tracking a target that is moving at the same speed. This method might for some feel too slow when the scopes get very powerful.

4 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The way USA on and off works is the same, but the scopes are different (a 6X in BF2042 is not the same as in BF1/BFV etc) and most importantly the hipfire sensitivity is also different, likely to better accommodate very high DPI with the sensitivity range in-game.

In other words, you can re-use your USA settings as long as you also had all the scopes set to the same value.

Yeah the hip fire is confusing me a little. Like I'm used to have it set to 10% ever since BF4. And FoV description don't seem to show what Horizontal number it is at, when changing the vertical FoV, like it did in previous BF. At least not from the menu settings I have seen today.

• Wizard
8 minutes ago, RepsakXD said:

Yeah the hip fire is confusing me a little. Like I'm used to have it set to 10% ever since BF4. And FoV description don't seem to show what Horizontal number it is at, when changing the vertical FoV, like it did in previous BF. At least not from the menu settings I have seen today.

You can use the calculator to see the horizontal FOV, the previous Battlefields showed the horizontal 4:3 value in the description. But the configured FOV value is the same as before.

For your hipfire you simply have to convert from old to new using 360 distance.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Hyydrogen said:

Hello, I am new here! Earlier it was mentioned that the mouse smoothing was fixed, was this an update from DICE or did you change something in the text file? I already have raw input enabled, still feels kinda floaty.

It was fixed in the game for release, nothing you have to do to fix it.

Sensitivity should be crisp and precise, if it feels floaty it might be a graphic setting, although I haven't seen any issues with that myself.

1 hour ago, Baranox said:

Hey guys, just found this on stream. Hope it helps some of you!

That’s all totally unnecessary and just placebo.

Just so you know how mouse input works because it seems like you may not, but that’s fine. A mouse sends a packet of (x,y) data to the OS as defined by the DPI value and distance moved since the last poll timeframe (usually 1ms).

The game then takes this data and converts it to angular rotation, using a fixed pitch/yaw value and a variable (usually linear) sensitivity multiplier. So if it was pitch/yaw of 0.022 degrees at sens 1 for a given game, and you moved (10,5) at sens 2 then you would turn 0.44 degrees horizontally and 0.22 degrees vertically in a single update. These updates are then continually grouped together by the game engine since last simulation loop and divided by a fixed time constant (to ensure frame rate doesn’t affect the calculated distance).

When DPI wizard here analyses a game using scripts, he would send the exact same counts distance value at multiple speeds and cadences to detect what would happen if a mouse was moved slow or fast for the same distance, which would show if there was any baked-in acceleration, smoothing or packet loss(negative accel). Since the input now produces the same result every time, there is no issue.

Mouse sensitivity isn’t a black art. It’s just an objectively measurable ratio between an input and an output distance and simple math - it either arrives at the correct position in the game world for the same counts distance input, or it doesn’t.

I’m not really sure what you are trying to achieve with that video but it is not going to help either yourself or anyone else to be doing all that. Unless you are happy for people to waste their time trying to copy that just to get views then it’s probably best if you just deleted it